Saturday, October 4, 2008

Owwiez I Hurt!

So, yesterday I left work early (and those of you who know me well know that's rare for me to voluntarily do so), because I was in pain. I have no idea what it was, but for the past 4 days my abdominal area had felt a little on the uncomfortable side, but yesterday it was excruciating, and today's no picnic either.

Kyle took me to the hospital and I explained what was bothering me. They asked me when my last menstruation was and I already knew I was late . . . 3 weeks late. And also already knew I wasn't pregnant (took several pregnancy tests and they all were negative . . . thank God). So, the doctor told me he didn't know what was wrong with me, but that it could possibly be either muscle-related (certainly doesn't feel like it), or something along the lines of an ovarian cyst--with knowing my family history, highly likely.

The doc prescribed me some Vicadin, which is just relaxing me, not really helping the pain any. I love Kyle so much, he's been such a trooper through my mood swings due to my pain and has been incredibly supportive and helpful. Best. Fiance. EVER.

Anyways, to take my mind off the pain, I decided to start something creative and it's actually quite fun and I seem to have a knack for it--making necklaces.

Here's two I made last night:


I'm wearing the one above right now. It's my favorite of the two. The other one's okay, but I think it's quite cool.


Anyway, it's kept me amused and out of trouble, not wanting to throw shit across the room 'cause I hurt.

I have my former college roommate's wedding tomorrow which is down in the Baltimore area and hopefully I'll feel well enough to travel. I plan to try my best to make it, but I don't think a 3 hour road trip topped with dancing and loud noises are gonna coax me to relax and alleviate my agony. We'll see. Sarah, if you're reading this and I wasn't able to make it, I'm sorry and no matter if I attended or not, I wish you and Jay a lifetime of happiness together.

All righty, hopefully someone will be able to figure out what's wrong with me and I can either feel relief that I at least know what's going on with my body, or better yet, receive treatment. *sighs*

I'll post more pictures of necklaces that I'm making today, probably either later or sometime this week. Stay outta trouble, and happy editing!

--An "ouching" Kim

1 comment:

Preston said...

I hope they figure out what's wrong so they can fix it and get you on the road to feeling better. I love the jewelry and your writing style. Do you sell the jewelry you make? I've added you to my blog side bar and I promise to put your blog in a "Your Appreciated" post.

You should join some blog communities. I recommend blogcatalog and entrecard. I've gotten my best hits from those two groups. Keep up the good work and don't let your blog fade away!