Friday, September 19, 2008

No Time For Proofreading When It Comes to Booze and Sex!

My latest discoveries of grammatical errors stumble upon the wondrous world of alcohol and sex. Many of you may be asking, "I thought grammar doesn't really matter when it comes to boozin' and sexin'?" Well, you're right. Today's lesson is brought to you by: possession.


When it comes to drinking, there's no need for rules pertaining to possession. These mixers will eventually be possessed by some sort of tequila, vodka, rum, or various other delightfully drunk goodies. All I wanna know is, Mixer's what?


Whoever made this sign must've been so inspired and/or lusted that they forgot that if the noun does not end in an "e," you don't need to add an "ey" to the end to make it an adjective. Screw grammar when it comes to sex! I guess the extra "E" is for an extra umph for that erection. And my horny what? My horny dog? My horny neighbor? I don't understand. Perhaps this sign-maker should have spent more time understanding the difference between "your" as a possession and "you are."
Ironically, a truck with the bumper sticker "I <3 Roadhead" was in front of me and didn't honk. He must've been the other kind of "horney." The one that's spelled right.

So as my heartless grammar quest continues, I plan to bring many more humorous photos and anecdotes to fill a void in your heart with a special typo-ed treat. Till next time. Happy editing! :)

No comments: