Saturday, October 25, 2008

Why I Deleted My Facebook and Myspace

Since everyone's been asking me this whenever they see me for the past two months, I figured I'd explain in one simple sentence on here for those of you who actually read this:

It stole my soul.

Strange response, correct? But none too strange for moi. I would spend hours on both of those damn profiles, communicate with friends through it, and most of all--it was a huge frickin' popularity contest. It made me sick; still does.

I prefer to go and do better things with my time, communicate over the phone, and actually hangout with people in person. Way too many of my friends were using those profiles as a communication device or would just look to see what I was up to instead of even contacting me. And it annoyed me. So, I deleted them, and after the deletion, I see who my true friends are. Not just my facebook and myspace "friends."

Anyway, now that that's out of my system, I'm feeling much better abdominal pain-wise. It was pretty scary for the past week, being able to barely walk and have docs tell you they don't know what's wrong with you. Everyone's telling me it had to do with the ovarian cyst they found, which makes sense 'cause the pain emanates from my left side, which is where they found it. Got blood work done yesterday, so hopefully they find out what's wrong through them. The tiredness is fading, too. Still pretty sleepy though. And I still hurt, but can move around and take care of myself now.

As for fun stuff, here is a wondrous picture of my friend Erin at the Dollar Store when Kim, Donna, Erin (work buddies) and I went there on our lunchbreak:


Good times, good times. Found some awesome stuff for Kyle's and my apartment, too! Anyway, I love my co-workers; they're awesome people.

Pretty much been chillin' around the house after work since I had been in too much pain to really do anything or go anywhere. Hungout at my fuffy buttmuffin (Ally)'s house last night watching Wife Swap and Crusoe.

Going to Olive Garden today with Kyle for lunch for the never-ending soup, salad, and breadsticks, and I am whoah excited. Barely ate all week, so now that my appetite's back, it'll pay off today, lol. Then next week we have his friends' wedding, and of course Halloween. Pumpkin smashing good time!

All righty, I leave you all for now. Sorry I've been too lazy to post anything on here lately. I'm gonna post some artwork on here soon. Stay outta trouble!

PEACE~LOVE~EDITING!

2 comments:

Preston said...

Glad you're feeling a little better. The picture of Erin is so funny.

RenegadeFilmSnob said...

Hey this is Ally I finally made my own blog just thought I would say hi.