Tuesday, November 25, 2008

*Sighs*

So, we basically lost the apartment. Our co-signer had excellent credit, but they rejected us 'cause they had "too much debt." How do you build credit without debt?

Our landlord asked for another co-signer, but we're honestly sick of them after running around like chickens with our heads cut off, and having packed our boxes 3 days before we were promised we could pick up our keys tomorrow and that everything would go through okay. If you're a landlord, do your potential tenants a favor: don't promise things you can't keep, please.

Anyway, there's a complex right up the street that's cheaper, has a good reputation as well, allows pets, and has more space. Not to mention they're currently having a $99 security deposit with first month's rent free as their current special.

We're going to try and check them out later tomorrow after the funeral, if there's time. Otherwise, we'll go on Friday. When we go, I'm going to be upfront with the landlord, explain what happened to us next door, and ask that since we have no rental history, would we need a co-signer, and if so, could they be from out-of-state. That way, we'll get the bullshit out of the way and hopefully be on our merry way to signing a lease and moving in our already packed boxes.

Tonight was the wake, and the service was beautiful. However, it made me realize how almost "outcast-ish" I feel in a religious setting. During all the readings, I was the only one who didn't have a clue what to recite during the chants and when to bless myself. I grew up in a non-religious household, and am totally clueless whenever I go to church on that rare occasion. I always feel like I'm being disrespectful or rude of those situations, especially at a service for someone who we lost. But, that's just me over-analyzing myself and being overly paranoid, I guess.

All righty, must try to get to sleep since we gotta wake up early for the funeral tomorrow, especially since Kyle is a paul bearer.

PEACE~LOVE~EDITING

No comments: