Sunday, November 16, 2008

My Car Is Sickee


My mechanic just left me a voicemail and my car's misfiring, which means my coil burnt out. He said he's gonna call me with a price tomorrow and it's not a cheap job. Surprise, surprise. Anyway, it looks like the expensive part is the labor, 'cause I looked up the cost of parts (spark plugs, coil insulator, coil boots) and they should be no more than $30-$50 put together.

Don't get me wrong, my mechanic is amazing, and even when we're living all the way out in our new apartment (which will be 40 minutes away from him), I'm still taking Roxanne to him. I'm just getting tired of my car having issues this year. The water pump was slowly going when I first got her about 3 years ago, and then I needed new tie-rod ends, and then last month my vacuum tubes went on me (which is a cheap job), and now the coil blew. I need new brakes soon (and roters, but with GM cars, it's a cheap job), and my power steering pump has a slow leak (again, back from when I first got the car).

Poor Roxanne, her previous owners didn't take very good care of her, so I gotta pick up the slack.

Oh well, we find out if we got the approval or not on the apartment tomorrow. Aaaand, I found out my friend Jay from college who currently lives over an hour from me will be living in the next town over from our apartment--10 minutes up the road! I'm so excited! I'll get to see him lots instead of every 3 months 'cause of the distance. Yay!

No comments: