Saturday, November 15, 2008

Oh, Oh It's Magic, You Know . . .


Finally, we are moving out! Yep, Kyle and I applied for an apartment today and although the approval isn't "official" until Tuesday, she told us we basically have the place due to making adequate monthly income and having awesome credit. We move in November 28th, and although that's Thanksgiving weekend, we only have to pay for December's rent and plus we have off from work Friday, so we have three whole days to get settled. Not to mention stores are gonna be having all sorts of crazy sales on stuff we're gonna need. :)

I thought it was funny that the landlord refers to us as the "handsome couple." She was trying to convince Kyle to start a modeling career, lol! I need to start warding off the ladies from my man, hee hee!

But, of course, as my life always is, if one thing's going right, another goes wrong. Since they need proof that you've had at least one job for an entire year, our landlord wanted to see a paystub from Car-Tel for me, and a paystub from Herff Jones for Kyle. So, we went home (we had Kyle's car), and got in mine to drive it back. Well, my baby Roxanne's engine starts thumping around really violently and when we got onto the main highway, the shaking got worse and the "Service Engine Soon" and "Trac Off" light went on. Immediately, we called our mechanic and he said he'd look at this sometime this week, which means Kyle and I are carpool buddies for a few days. I tried researching online what the problem might be, and it's a sensor of some sort having to do with the transmission. It's most likely the speed sensor, which looks like it should cost me no more than $200, which I can handle.

I know I haven't posted the Halloween pictures, yet. I'm working on it, I'm working on it! Maybe I'll post 'em tonight. For now, I'm gonna go eat the yummy dinner Kyle cooked. :)

PEACE~LOVE~EDITING

PS - I totally added that picture of Kyle sticking out his tongue for you, Preston! Ha, ha, ha! :p

2 comments:

RenegadeFilmSnob said...

Sorry to hear about your car, but I am very happy to hear that you will be moving out soon.

We can definitely give you a couch, it look like the ones in my living room but is a three seater. And my Dad says he would be willing to help drive some stuff over in his truck.

Grammar Girl! said...

Thank you very much fuffy! And again, thank you so much for the couch(es), it's a really big help! We're either gonna take just the three-seater or the two loveseats, because the living room doesn't have a lot of space for a lot of seating, so we're thinking the two loveseats and getting a reclining chair (or just a chair with an ottoman) or the three-seater with a chair. Whichever would be easier for you guys to move in your new furniture.

And thank you very much, Daddy Webster! We really appreciate it, U-hauls are expensive and the only big things we have to move are the couch from your place, a desk, my bedroom set (which is just two nightstands and a dresser), and a small kitchen table set. As for our bed, we're just gonna sleep on the air mattress for like a day to a week 'cause we're getting a new bed (and we're gonna get it delivered), so there's no point in hauling a heavy mattress that we're just gonna toss in less than a week. Everything else we're going to pick up randomly at thrift stores and Walmart (tv stand, end tables, you get the picture, things we can move in our cars).

Again, thanks so much my fuffy buttmuffin! <3