Tuesday, September 9, 2008

What Day is Today?

Today is Wonderful Weirdos Day! Seriously, I'm not kidding. There is an actual holiday devoted to people such as myself. See, it's silly little things like this that make me feel special for being, well . . . me. I strive every day to bring the strangest, most quirky moments to those who surround me. I'm not too sure how to celebrate. Maybe I shall watch something from my Ed Wood movie collection, or put things up my nose (like peanuts or marshmallows). Perhaps I'll even run up and down the neighborhood shouting, "The British are coming! The British are coming!" in pirate gear. Whatever I may chose, I'm quite positive it shall be joyous.

And there was much rejoicing, hurray!

Much of my blog will be dedicated to various bizarre occurrences in my life; however, it will also feature hilarious typos or grammatical errors I discover in my travels, as I am an editor by profession and heart. The first typographical error I wish to share with you has got to be one of the funniest typos--ever. And to top it off, it's from a well-known company.

I received this cut-sheet from my human resources department to inform me about one of my voluntary benefits, which is from LifeLock. Obviously, from their bold commercials, they prevent identity theft. Below is the picture. If you look closely you will see the error that had my co-workers, my friends and me busting a gut (hint: it's the 5th line down under "Fast Facts About Identity Theft"):


I'm thinking about signing up for it (my company gets a nice discount), but I'm worried it may not cover all my hoes. Oh well, while I'm pondering this on my new favorite holiday, changing into my pirate attire, I leave you to wonder, "What the hell is this girl talking about?"

Till next time! Stay outta trouble!

--Arlene Neilson

No comments: